Monday, March 27, 2006

About me...

First and foremost I am a Daddy's girl. I say first and foremost not to take anything away from my husband, whom I love deeply, but because I was my Daddy's girl until I lost him to cancer 5 years ago. Being his daughter became a major part of my identity. I loved him, we had a great relationship. He was my rock, my sunny place, I was his little girl no matter what ugly monster, real or imagined, I brought into my life. And he would make it go away.
It was also a part of my identity because he was usually the boss of some cabinet company somewhere, and that provided me with several job opportunities etc. which made me sort of invincible because I was the boss' daughter.
Well the cool thing is now that he's gone, I think God is trying to make me see that now He wants to be Daddy. So I am still Daddy's little girl, first and foremost!
Whooo...windy isn't she? Anyway the rest of the story....
My name is Maggie. I will have been married for 7 years on June 26th. My husband is a firefighter/EMT, and I stay at the looney bin with my 3 children.My oldest son is almost 5, my little girl is 22 months, and the middle boy is 2 & 1/2. They' re 10 months apart, the last two. It had been 6 weeks, men can only be so patient...and have finally found a passion in designing and making jewelry which I then try to sell. Sometimes I feel like a 3rd grader trying to sell my art class projects, but it's fun at least.
Somehow I ended up turning 31 in January having no idea how that happened as I can still remember being 17 and not really feeling any older! Sometimes I look at my children and think I'm not being paid enough for this gig, I'll not babysit for these people anymore. Hehehe. Or I look over at my husband in bed at night and think who is this grody boy in my bed?
Then I remember I prayed for these wonderful creatures to come into my life since forever, and I remember how much I love my life.
We moved around a lot when I was growing up. Like, every two years. I've lived in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Georgia, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania again. I went to college in Indiana, met my husband and wound up in Virginia, again.
I have been a Christian my whole life. Not a conventional one so I've learned. But since I've been bruised and beaten by, "The Church" I realize that I am quite radical and unconventional. The pseudo-punkrock/grunge girl in me is quite impressed! Makes me want to break out my Dr. Martin's and flannels again!
In fact, it pretty much got us run-off from the United Methodist church we were attending. A church my husband attended his whole life. In fact his parents still attend and see nothing wrong with what goes on there. As is the case for most of our "friends" that still attend.
If anyone is interested in any of this, please respond. I feel a little silly thinking anyone would care, but I know that there are many poeple who have been through the same kind of thing with
church. And there are many stay-at-home moms out there that maybe would like to talk and we could get eachother through it... Let me know!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Man I have been where you are. In fact, the deepest hurts in my life have been at the hands of people and pastors in the church. I won't bore you with the details in a reply to your post. But, know that you are not alone.

I am glad you have found a new place of refuge.

10:24 PM  
Blogger yeshua'smags said...

I would never be bored of the details! I have so enjoyed hearing other people's journeys...I have been talking with people on christianrecovery.com on the forums. It is amazing how eerily similar our stories are!
Are you in Israel in the picture on your reply? If so, I'm jealous!
hope to hear from you again!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Hey maggie!!!

Was just on the forum and saw your blog so i thought i would stop by very cool!!! So good to see the passion with which you write awesome indeed mags!!! Hope to catch you on messenger sometime again!!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home