Sunday, April 23, 2006

Zola, Well Done!

Zola Levitt, one of the most influential leaders of the Messianic Jew movement, has gone to be with Yeshua.
Last Wednesday, April 19th, Zola lost his battle with brain, liver and lung cancer, and won his battle with this earth. Had it not been for Zola and his teachings, (via my mother and sister) I would not have known how to witness to my best friend, who was Jewish. I would not have a fuller understanding of the Jewish feasts and what they meant to Yeshua, and their relevance to us as believers today. I would not know that Jesus' real name was probably Yeshua Ben Yosef, which I find far cooler than the better known "Jesus Christ". (Christ isn't His last name!) Those and a thousand other little bits of Jewish facts and customs that have made me a stronger believer, and made me wish I too was Jewish. Ahh, and that is my favorite teaching of Zola's! We are "grafted in", adopted Jews.
Our world is darker for this loss, and we will NEVER see another of his kind. I am honored that God made sure I was exposed to this wonderful Rabbi!
So, I guess my Daddy has met him. That is a fun thought! I wish I could be in on that conversation!
Well done, good and faithful servant! Next Year In Jerusalem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home